Advanced, Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery Now Available in Palm Beach
At Visual Health, Dr. Tom Coffman offers some of the most advanced technology available for cataract removal, including the LENSAR Laser System (with advanced 3-D modeling technology) and premium intraocular lenses (IOL). Together they offer:
- A 100% blade-free cataract procedure
- Safe, precise cataract removal and IOL placement
- Surgery customized to your eye’s anatomy
- Simultaneous cataract removal and astigmatism correction
- Better visual outcomes¹
- Reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contact lenses
Although many believe lasers have been used in cataract surgery for years, this is simply not true. Dr. Coffman is one of the first and most experienced surgeons in the nation to offer the advanced LENSAR Laser System.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Coffman, please call (800) 771-3937 (800) 771-3937.
Dr. Coffman is one of the most highly regarded and sought-after eye surgeons in the country, having implanted more multifocal implants than any other physician worldwide. His expertise in small-incision and multifocal implant surgery has earned him prestige and respect by peers worldwide. He is often asked to travel the United States and Europe to teach others what he has learned.
- Implanted more multifocal lenses than any surgeon in the world
- Certified by the American Board of Eye Surgery
- More than 42 years of ophthalmology experience
- Founder of the Visual Health and Surgical Centers
- Specialized in cataract, implant and keratorefractive surgery
Dr. Coffman has more than 42 years of ophthalmology experience and is a diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology and a member of the American College of Eye Surgeons.
He is a graduate of the University of Miami medical school and performed his residency at Ohio State University in Columbus.
Dr. Coffman is a member of:
Laser Accuracy Ensures Your Best Vision
The LENSAR® Laser System is safe and effective and uses the same proven laser technology that’s been used in LASIK procedures for over a decade.
- Safety:The LENSAR Laser System’s Augmented Reality provides Dr. Coffman with a high-resolution, 3-D model of your eye, allowing for more tailored treatment and improved visual outcomes.
- Precision:The LENSAR Laser System’s advanced technology offers the most precise and accurate treatment available.
- Results:The LENSAR Laser System allows Dr. Coffman to precisely place laser pulses that effectively soften your cataract for removal, and ensures the appropriate condition for the best lens placement, helping to restore your vision to its full potential.
With this advanced technology, Dr. Coffman can offer you a better, more precise cataract removal procedure that is customized to your eye’s own unique size and shape. The laser is designed with comfort in mind, so you can relax knowing you have the latest technology available to treat one of your most valuable senses – your sight.
- How does laser cataract surgery work? Laser cataract surgery is an advancement for the removal of cataracts. It’s a bladeless procedure that uses a laser to make micro incisions in the eye. The laser is then used to break up and softens the cloudy, natural lens, so a new lens can be implanted to restore your vision. The laser also allows for simultaneous treatment of astigmatism you may have, resulting in better visual outcomes¹ and potentially eliminating your need for glasses after surgery.
- Why is the laser better than a blade? Because it is bladeless and uses less energy than traditional surgical procedures, laser cataract surgery is less traumatic to the eye. There is little to no bleeding during the procedure and no need for sutures where the laser incision is made. This greatly reduces your chance of postsurgical complications and may reduce your recovery time.
- Is laser cataract surgery safe? Cataract surgery is an effective and common surgical procedure that is undergone by three million Americans every year. Laser cataract surgery is an advancement in cataract removal that improves the precision and accuracy of the procedure.
- What can I expect before and during my surgery? Before surgery, Dr. Coffman will perform an extensive analysis of your eye so he can tailor cataract removal and vision correction to your needs. This analysis includes an advanced diagnostic workup with state-of-the-art measurements of the cornea, pupil, lens and retina. At surgery, treatment times can vary, but most laser cataract removal procedures are completed within 15 minutes with an efficient, outpatient procedure that gets you back to your busy life quickly.
- What can I expect after my surgery? After surgery, your vision should be clear and focused, and if you had astigmatism correction with your cataract removal, you may not require glasses anymore.
- Is laser cataract removal the right choice for me? Patients who want a safe and precise way to remove their cataracts prefer laser cataract surgery, which increases the likelihood of a better visual outcome¹. Most healthy patients can safely undergo laser cataract surgery. To find out whether you’re a candidate for the procedure, schedule your cataract consultation today.